Stoke City Football Club (The Potters) is the second oldest club after Notts County, founded in 1863 under the name Stoke Ramblers. Henry Almond is the founder of the club who also play as captain, incidentally is also the first goal scorer in club history. In 1875, they moved the headquarters to the field near Sweetings Field because the number of spectators has increased a lot. In 1878, the club merged with Stoke Victoria Cricket Club and the club’s name was simplified to become Stoke Football Club. They also moved more than Sweetings Field into a new headquarters, the field belongs to Atletic Club, later known as the Victoria Ground stadium. Color is red and white pride that has survived until now. 15 years later, in August 1885, Stoke changed status to become a professional soccer club.